Benefits to the Auxiliary Cadet:
- Paid employment component within the Calgary Police Service – paid a starting wage of $19.98 per hour with regular pay raises based on the number of hours worked.
- Paid Training.
- Training consists of gaining a foundation in community policing, strategic communications, report and notebook writing, non-injury collision reports, diversity, law, domestic conflict, fitness, and health and wellness instruction.
- Career in policing – while not a guarantee, membership within the Auxiliary Cadet program will be considered an asset when applying for a police officer position with the Calgary Police Service.
- Free program – there is no cost to join, and uniforms and kit are provided.
- Work along side police officers and civilian members of the Calgary Police Service.
- The position will work temporary, part-time hours from September to April and increase in May to August.
- The majority of the shifts will range from 4 hours (min) to 8 hours (max) between 07:00 and 21:00 hours, 7 days per week.
- Attend paid bi-weekly training as scheduled on Monday nights from 18:00 hours to 21:00 hours from September to April, and;
- Assist with other duties as determined by Calgary Police Service.
Benefits to your community:
- Opportunity to contribute to the training of a pool of possible recruits in future Auxiliary Cadet Programs.
- Provide additional resources and support at the District Office Front Counters within the Calgary Police Service.
- Build positive relationships with the youth from diverse cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds in our communities.
- To support the development of knowledge, skills, and attitudes which are important to the foundations that will develop transferrable skills in life and in a career in law enforcement;
- To promote an awareness of the range of career options with the Calgary Police Service.
- To foster improved police-youth relations;
- To foster a spirit of teamwork and discipline;
- To develop strong qualities of citizenship and leadership.