To become a member of the Auxiliary Cadets you:
- Must be 18 years old by the first day of the initial training.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (eg G.E.D.).
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Be of good character.
- Be able to participate in the physical fitness component of the program.
- Complete an application for membership and pass an enhanced security clearance check.
- Be available for an interview.
- Have an interest in a career in policing.
- Previous volunteer experience and active community involvement would be preferred.
- Post-secondary education and previous cadet experience would be assets.
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication (excellent oral and written skills).
- Efficiency & thoroughness (optimizing time and resources ensuring high quality work).
- Focus on results (brings initiatives to a successful conclusion).
- Relationship building (positive interactions with others).
- Service orientation (provides excellent customer service).
- Stress tolerance (remains focused during distracting and stressful situations).
- Team building and teamwork (collaborates with others to achieve common goal.
Eligible people are encouraged to apply.
- There is no cost to join the Auxiliary Cadets.
- Uniforms and kit are provided.
- Auxiliary Cadets is a paid position.
Time commitment for successful applicants:
- Must be available to attend a mandatory orientation session.
Initial classroom training is scheduled for six weeks.
Upon graduation, Auxiliary Cadets will be deployed to CPS District offices.
The position will work temporary, part-time hours throughout the year which may increase to full-time during the months of May to August.
The Auxiliary Cadet Program requires a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer time at designated community events.
Attend bi-weekly training as scheduled on Monday evenings from 1800 hours to 2100 hours from September to May, and assist with other duties as determined by the District or Calgary Police Service.
The Calgary Police Auxiliary Cadet Program accepted applications for Class 005 from January 11, 2017 until January 25, 2017. The application process is now closed. No further applications will be accepted at this time. Please continue to monitor this website for any updated news. Phone calls to successful applicants HAVE been made and all interviews have been scheduled. Thank you for your interest in the program. Please feel free to reapply next year. Thank you to all who applied.