The Auxiliary Cadets will actively participate in community activities in support of the Calgary Police Service.
Through volunteer opportunities the Auxiliary Cadets build strong and lasting relationships within the community. Each Auxiliary Cadet is an ambassadors to the Auxiliary Cadet Program and to the Calgary Police Service by exemplifying the core values of the Calgary Police Service. Each Auxiliary Cadet must complete a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer work per contract year. Those 50 hours must be completed with the Calgary Police Service at designated events.
Here are just a few of the many volunteering opportunities available to the Auxiliary Cadets throughout the year:
- Community Events; ‘Walk a Mile in her Shoes (as seen above), Diversity Cup soccer tournament, cultural days; Lilac Festival; information sessions; citizenship ceremonies
- City of Calgary Events; Safety Expo at City Hall, Disaster Services Expo, GlobalFest
- Calgary Police Service Events; Badges and BBQ, Tri-Services Picnic, Student Police Academy, Patrollers Picnic
- National Events; Canada Day ceremonies, Remembrance Day ceremonies, Peace Officers Memorial
- Stampede Events; Stampede Parade and Recruiting booth during the week, CPA Stampede Breakfast, ACH Stampede Parade